WELS VEBA Enrollment
2022 Limited Open Enrollment
The WELS VEBA Commission is pleased to offer a limited open enrollment for the WELS VEBA Group Health Care Plan for the 2022 plan year.
Enrollment will be held from Monday, November 1 through Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
What is a limited open enrollment?
Limited open enrollment means that enrollment is only available to organizations with at least one active worker enrolled in WELS VEBA Medical Benefits.
If at least one active worker at your organization was enrolled in WELS VEBA Medical Benefits on October 1, 2021, the 2022 limited open enrollment is available to your organization and its workers and the following information on this page is applicable.
During this limited open enrollment, eligible workers will have the opportunity to make the following elections:
- Enroll for new WELS VEBA Medical and/or Dental Benefits;
- Enroll for new, or increase existing, Group Term Life Insurance up to guaranteed issue amounts;
- Add or remove any eligible family members under existing WELS VEBA Medical and/or Dental Benefits;
- Change to a different deductible option under existing WELS VEBA Medical Benefits;
- Apply for Group Term Life Insurance in excess of guaranteed issue amounts; and
- Apply for Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Supporting your workers
As a sponsoring organization representative, you play an important role in engaging eligible workers with the benefits of WELS VEBA and supporting them through the decisions they have to make. As a result, we encourage you to be proactive with your workers and support them at this important time. We hope this website supports your organization in making your benefit funding decisions for 2022 and provides a useful reference when communicating enrollment to your workers.
Please remember that any open enrollment is held solely at the discretion of the WELS VEBA Commission and is not held every year–encourage your eligible workers to carefully consider this opportunity.
What has changed for 2022?
While there are no significant changes being made to benefits in 2022, we have summarized a few plan changes and developments you should be aware of. Changes below will be effective January 1, 2022.
Eligible workers may enroll for Group Term Life Insurance up to the guaranteed issue amounts of $150,000/worker, $25,000/spouse, and $5,000/dependent child, without providing evidence of insurability. This includes workers that are not currently enrolled for Group Term Life Insurance and workers who wish to increase their existing Group Term Life Insurance up to the guaranteed issue amounts.
Rates for WELS VEBA Medical Benefits under all plan options will not change for 2022. The 2021 rates for Medical Benefits will remain in effect for 2022.
Monthly premium rates for Dental Benefits will not change for 2022. The 2021 rates for Dental Benefits will remain in effect for 2022.
Monthly premium rates for Long-Term Disability Insurance will not change for 2022. The 2021 rates for Long-Term Disability Insurance will remain in effect for 2022.
2022 Rates for WELS Benefit Plans
What do I need to do?
We encourage you to support your workers during this limited open enrollment period. The checklist below lists a number of important things to consider over the next few weeks:
How do my workers enroll?
All benefit elections must be made by eligible workers through the WELS Benefits Service Center, either by telephone at 1-800-487-8322 (option 1) or online at www.wels.bswift.com. The WELS Benefits Service Center will begin accepting elections as part of the limited open enrollment on November 1. A full step-by-step explanation of the enrollment process can be found on page 18 of the Enrollment Guide.
- As a sponsoring organization representative, you cannot elect benefits or make changes on behalf of your workers;
- If no changes are desired, no action is required as 2021 benefit elections will automatically be carried over to 2022;
- A worker does not need to be enrolled in WELS VEBA Medical Benefits to enroll for Dental Benefits or apply for Life or Long-Term Disability Insurance; and
- Enrollment is for the 2022 plan year; any changes made will become effective January 1, 2022.
What happens next?
Eligible workers at your organization will be mailed a packet of enrollment materials between October 15 and October 30. This packet will include an enrollment guide and additional information regarding the limited open enrollment period. A copy of the enrollment guide is available here: Enrollment Guide.