WELS VEBA Enrollment
2023 Open Enrollment
The WELS VEBA Commission is pleased to offer an open enrollment for the WELS VEBA Group Health Care Plan for the 2023 plan year.
Enrollment will be held from Tuesday, November 1 through Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
What is an open enrollment?
Open enrollment means that enrollment is available to eligible workers at all WELS and ELS sponsoring organizations, including sponsoring organizations that do not currently participate in WELS VEBA.
During this open enrollment, eligible workers will have the opportunity to make the following elections:
- Enroll for new WELS VEBA Medical and/or Dental Benefits;
- Add or remove any eligible family members under existing WELS VEBA Medical and/or Dental Benefits;
- Change to a different deductible option under existing WELS VEBA Medical Benefits; and
- Apply for Group Term Life Insurance and/or Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Supporting your workers
As a sponsoring organization representative, you play an important role in engaging eligible workers with the benefits of WELS VEBA and supporting them through the decisions they have to make. As a result, we encourage you to be proactive with your workers and support them at this important time. We hope this website supports your organization in making your benefit funding decisions for 2023 and provides a useful reference when communicating enrollment to your workers.
Please remember that any open enrollment is held solely at the discretion of the WELS VEBA Commission and is not held every year–encourage your eligible workers to carefully consider this opportunity.
What has changed for 2023?
While there are no significant changes being made to benefits in 2023, we have summarized a few plan changes and developments you should be aware of. Changes below will be effective January 1, 2023.
WELS VEBA Medical Benefits
- WELS VEBA health plan rates for Medical Benefits will increase by 9.5% for Plan Options 1, 2, and 4, and will increase by 8.7% for Plan Option 3.
- The Plan Option 3 deductible amounts will increase to $3,000/individual and $6,000/family per IRS regulations to remain qualified for use with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Copay assistance paid by prescription drug manufacturers will not apply to maximum out-of-pocket amounts for prescription drugs.
Monthly premium rates for Long-Term Disability Insurance will increase by 10%.
Group Term Life
Monthly premium rates for Group Term Life Benefits will decrease for covered workers and spouses who are younger than age 30.
Monthly premium rates for Dental Benefits will not change for 2023. The 2022 rates for Dental Benefits will remain in effect for 2023.
2023 Rates for WELS Benefit Plans
What do I need to do?
We encourage you to support your workers during this limited open enrollment period. The checklist below lists a number of important things to consider over the next few weeks:
How do my workers enroll?
All benefit elections must be made by eligible workers through the WELS Benefits Service Center, either by telephone at 1-800-487-8322 (option 1) or online at https://wels.bswift.com/. The WELS Benefits Service Center will begin accepting elections as part of the open enrollment on November 1.
- As a sponsoring organization representative, you cannot elect benefits or make changes on behalf of your workers;
- If no changes are desired, no action is required as 2022 benefit elections will automatically be carried over to 2023;
- A worker does not need to be enrolled in WELS VEBA Medical Benefits to enroll for Dental Benefits or apply for Life or Long-Term Disability Insurance; and
- Enrollment is for the 2023 plan year; any changes made will become effective January 1, 2023.
What happens next?
Eligible workers at your organization will be mailed a packet of enrollment materials between October 14 and October 31. This packet will include an enrollment guide and additional information regarding the limited open enrollment period. A copy of the enrollment guide is available here.